Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Setting up parallel Fluent and CFX

• cpotts111
      Subscriber

I am trying to set up a cluster of two machines running on Windows server 2016 to solve fluent and cfx simulations.  Both machines have Ansys 18.2 and to the best of my knowledge are communicating properly with Microsoft HPC Pack 2016.  The machines are connected with 10gig Ethernet cables and are on the university's network as well.  I have run through the setup on ANSYS HELP unfortunately I am not sure where I went wrong.  I am hoping someone can guide me through the process of setting up fluent and cfx to run in parallel for my cluster.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi cpotts111,

Is it possible for you to use CFX/Fluent v19.1 or newer ?

If you check ANSYS Customer Portal for solutions # 2053008  and 2053009 

you would see this note

"Microsoft 2016 HPC Server is not supported for CFX 18.x or any earlier versions. Support will be added for release 19.1."

"Microsoft 2016 HPC Server is not supported for Fluent 19.0 or any earlier versions. Support will be added for release 19.1."

Thank you,

Win

• cpotts111
      Subscriber
      Thank you for letting me know. I added 19.1 and I will be trying the setup again.
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Sounds good.

Please do let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Win

• cpotts111
      Subscriber

Win,

I was still not successful in getting this to work.  Would you be able to walk me through the process?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi cpotts111,

Are you setting up by following steps in these two solutions : 2053008  and 2053009 ?

Or you are trying to setup Fluent and CFX with RSM ?

Do you have any particular error message ? If not, could you describe the issue in more details ?

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.