General Mechanical

General Mechanical

setting workbench harmonic analysis using APDL command macro

• Md_Salem
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am doing  harmonic analysis  using Workbench 22.1 for a cantilever plate

Due to design requirements, I have to do the analysis using frequency vlaue from external *.txt file
      Now I have a problem with workbench harmonic analysis, which is how to force the solver to bypass the  (analysis setting) of workbench solver and read the analysis setting from my APDL macro code ?
      *VREAD,Fd,MODES_F,TXT,G:\  !(Fd parameter for frequency & MODES_F.txt is the file)
      (F12.4)             !(fortran format)
      HROPT,FULL  
      HROUT,ON
      LUMPM,0 
      !*  
      EQSLV, ,0,  
      PSTRES,0
      !*  
      HARFRQ,0,Fd,   
      NSUBST,1,   
      The workbench keeps telling me (invalid "Range Maximum") even if I put numerical value directly instead of Fd.
      I think that the problem is in the (Analysis Setting) table which has to be filled up with values or deleted or doing a bypass to enforce workbench solver to take the analysis setting form the APDL macro

Regards

• Chandra Sekaran
      Ansys Employee

In Workbench Mechanical under 'Analysis Settings' for harmonic analysis you can turn 'user defined frequencies' to ON. Then cut and paste the frequency points where you want solution into the table. This will ensure solution at these additional points. Have you tried this already?

• Md_Salem
        Subscriber

Hello Chandra,

I turned the user defined frequencies to ON , the I paste the command line in the table and entered the maximum value for the in the’ maximum range’  didn’t work . Moreover, I moved the APDL commands up to define the (Fd) prior to the analysis setting, then used just the symbol (Fd) in the user defined frequency table but didn’t work either

Regards

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.