Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Setup error

• VSK1989
      Subscriber

Dear Team Ansys, I get this error in setup , cortex error as mentioned in previous mail.I use windows 10 OS. I now installed the previous version 2019 r3 still get the same error ,earlier the same software was running fine . Please guide me . Thank you

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Please provided the screenshot of error message inline with text.

What graphics card do you have on the machine ?

• VSK1989
      Subscriber

Hi, 

thank you for the reply .

I am able to run 3D but not 2D  simulations.

I have a 2GB graphic card NVIDIA and windows 10 OS.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

If you can run 3D but not 2D, it's probably a setup issue. Let me ping a CFD guy. It may be good if you can show your model setup as well (in geometry and mesh)

• Karthik R
      Administrator

When you click on geometry, are you able to change the Analysis Type to 2D (Default value is 3D). Please see the screenshot.

Thanks.

Karthik

• VSK1989
      Subscriber

Hi karthik,

Thank you I tried it , it still does not work. From the tools i changed to 2D in options.

Regards ,

V shravan 

• Karthik R
      Administrator

What does your Fluent launcher look like? Could you please share a screenshot of this?

Thanks.

Karthik

• VSK1989
      Subscriber

Hi karthik,

• VSK1989
      Subscriber

Hi karthik,

• VSK1989
      Subscriber

Hi karthik ,

please find the attachment.

• Karthik R
      Administrator

When you double-click on the 'Set-up' option, what do you see?

Karthik

• VSK1989
      Subscriber

Hi karthik,

Please see, the problem is still there .

• Karthik R
      Administrator

What geometry are you using? Are you importing an external geometry file from a different tool? Can you please share some screenshots of this geometry here?

Could you please try these following steps (in this order)?

• Open a new WorkBench session.

• Create a new workflow task for Fluent.

• Left-click on geometry and on the right side of your WB session, you should see the settings pop-up. Please change the analysis type from 3D to 2D.

• Create a simple rectangle on the XY plane in SpaceClaim, and close SpaceClaim.

• Open WB meshing and mesh this rectangle. 

• Once you have a green check next to your Mesh task, now open this mesh in Fluent. Do you see this launch?

Could you please test this and let me know your results here?

Thanks.

Karthik

• VSK1989
      Subscriber

Hi Karthik,

I am working on external flow over cylinder flat plate combination. 

I will update about the 2D model tomorrow. Thank you for your prompt reply.

wish you happy weekend

Regards ,

• VSK1989
      Subscriber

Hi karthik,

Nothing is working for me . Even a simple external flow over cylinder is unable to run , please see the attachment.

• VSK1989
      Subscriber

Hi again,

This is what I see in 2D model mesh.

• VSK1989
      Subscriber

Hi , 

I tried with space claim and could not get the mesh done. In all cases I am using 2020 R1 fluent.

Thank you 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Can you try with a simple block and see if you still get the issue ?

I would also recommend to shorten your project path and project name. It's too long and can sometimes cause issue.

• VSK1989
      Subscriber

Hi,

The real problem is I am able to run 3D but not 2D cant understand what is going wrong. I checked geometry import to 2D as well. 

Thank you all.

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Yes, could you please try the following steps and help us understand if this is working at your end.

• Open WorkBench and create a new instance of Fluent.

• Click on Geometry and change analysis type of 2D under 'Properties of Schematic A2: Geometry'.

• Draw a simple rectangle in XY plane in SpaceClaim.

• Open Ansys Meshing (Mesh - A3) and generate the mesh. Please see the image below. Once you are done with this and close meshing, you should have two ticks on Geometry and Mesh. Do you see these?

WB Image: 

• Now, double click on 'Set-up' (A4) and you should see the following pop-up window. Do you see this?

Once you hit 'Start' Fluent should launch in 2D.

Please let us know what you see. If you are not seeing the same set of screens as I have posted here, then please share your images (step by step). If you do not share these details images, we will not be able to understand the issue and therefore cannot help you here. Please go through this workflow step by step and let's understand if you are able to replicate this issue on this simple test geometry.

Thank you.

Karthik

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.