April 15, 2023 at 2:47 pmwen boSubscriber
I've been learning about SIWAVE and circuit recently. And I found three problems using Desktop Circuit and SIWAVE. I would be grateful if any experts had experienced similar problems and would be willing to help me.
1. I imported a design with bond wires into SIWAVE. After modifying the layer stackup, the circuit element part and draw geometry part could not be used.
2. I checked the connection of net A12 and there was no problem, but the following warning appeared when calculating SYZ parameters. This port uses the same reference as the other ports. What is the reason why these two ports were ignored?
3. I imported the S-parameters obtained from SIWAVE into NDE for passivity check and found that there was no problem, but there was a warning when it was used in Circuit. What is the reason?
May 5, 2023 at 6:17 amMrinmoy BharadwajAnsys Employee
Query1, Response: You must be in the "top-down" view for these options to be enabled.
Query 2, Response: The warning itself says the cause of it. Kindly check the pin groups.
Query 3, Response: Kindly turn on the "enforce passivity" option in your simulation.
May 8, 2023 at 6:50 pmDan DvAnsys Employee
For item 3, the warning is that the state-space fit to the s-parameters is non-passive and not the s-parameters themselves. Yes, to address this I would recommend turning on Passivity Eforcement with the "IFPV" option if the model contains just signal nets. Or use "IFPVLF" if power/ground planes are also included. To get to this, right mouse click on NPort component in the Circuit schematic, select Edit model, and then click on the Options tab in that form.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.