September 10, 2019 at 6:57 pmFedeZappaSubscriber
I'm almost new here. Lately I was trying to see how much is the deformation of an external gear when a specific pressure acts on it.
The problem is that I can see the deformation of the points on the surface or the deformation of the teeth edge, but I don't know how to display of the axis of the gear.
What I would like is generating an axis along the gear shaft and see how much is its deformation.
I added an image to point out what I would like.
Thank you in advance,
September 10, 2019 at 8:31 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Go into a Geometry editor (SpaceClaim or DesignModeler) and create two planes that go through the centerline axis. Use those planes to Slice the body into four parts. Use Shared Topology to get a single mesh without needing contact. In DesignModeler, pick the four bodies and Form New Part. In SpaceClaim, go to the Workbench tab and click the Share button.
Now you have a geometric edge on the centerline.
September 10, 2019 at 10:29 pmFedeZappaSubscriber
Thank you Peter,
I really appreciate your answer. I believe that without your help I couldn't do it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.