April 25, 2022 at 8:00 pmnandacdSubscriber
I have been doing simulation on a 3d scanned stl file on fluent. So I have a few surfaces that are overlapping so I used shared topology option in spaceclaim. The stl has half a million facets so spaceclaim is too slow in this process. So I am not sure wat to do.
There is a share topology option in fluent meshing watertight geometry. Also I can use more number of cpus for meshing. So I was wondering if that will do the trick or not?April 26, 2022 at 11:44 amNikhil NaraleAnsys EmployeeHello,
When you import .stl file in SpaceClaim, the geometry needs to be converted to solid (question on creating volume in spaceclaim ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum). While you convert, you can choose to merge the faces to reduce the overall face count which can help to speed up the process.
FYI, The watertight geometry workflow does not support faceted formats, like '.stl'. You can try exporting the CAD in .scdoc or .pmdb format using SpaceClaim, which can be imported in the Ansys Fluent Meshing WGW.
April 26, 2022 at 5:17 pmnandacdSubscriberhi
thanks for your reply.
So I have actually converted the stl to solid. So my question was can we use share topology option in fluent water tight meshing while describing geometry rather than spaceclaim share topology. Since spaceclaim does not work on multi core whereas in fluent meshing we can set number of cpus to speed up the process.
April 28, 2022 at 7:56 amNikhil NaraleAnsys EmployeeHello,
All the operations in the Fluent Meshing are supported by parallel processing. As per my understanding, only generation of the volume mesh and the boundary layers supports parallel processing. To answer your question, you won't get the benefit of multiple cores while performing Share Topology operation in the Fluent Meshing WGW.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- inflation created stairstep mesh at some location
- Error in meshing
- Meshing Error
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- How to get three elements across the wall thickness of a thin part
- Meaning of the symbol crossed out tick mark on a body in the tree outline indicate in Meshing
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.