Ansys Products

Ansys Products

sharing a license between two PCs

• yongwookkim
      Subscriber

I have two PCs. Both are located in my school.

In PC1 both Ansys/Mechanical and License Manager are installed and running properly. I have been using Ansys/Mechanical/Autodyn in this PC1.

PC2 is a new computer, and I would like to install Ansys/Mechanical and to use Autodyn in this PC as well.

I understand that Autodyn (Ansys/Mechanical) cannot be used at both machines at the same time, as I have only one license. However, I would like to alternate running Autodyn in either PC1 or PC2. Is there anyway easily that I can accomplish this? For example, can I install Ansys/Mechanical in PC2 and get license token from PC1 when PC1 is not used for Autodyn (Ansys/Mechanical)? Can you explain how to install this system (or something else that can work)?

I mainly use Autodyn in Ansys/Mechanical.

Thanks,

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi yongwookkim,

ANSYS licensing is a floating license because we use Flexera licensing technology (FlexNet). This means , any other machine can use the licenses hosted by one particular machine. However, you will need to make sure that the network requirement between these two machines are met. For ANSYS Mechanical/Autodyn/Workbench , you need to make sure the two computers can communicate to each other via TCP port 2325 (this is default unless you manually changed it in the License Manager). Once this is satisfied, you just need to point the client machines to license server machine by running the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility with 'run as administrator' and specify the license server machine hostname

Thanks,

Win

• yongwookkim
      Subscriber

Thanks. It resolved the issue.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

You are welcome ! Thank you for the update. I'm glad it works.

Win

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.