April 9, 2020 at 3:39 pm
April 9, 2020 at 5:02 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Convergence will be easier to achieve if you put a small radius on the tips and equally small elements facing the tips. Start with a 2D Plane Strain model to have it run faster. Use two planes of symmetry and model only 1/3 of the circle to make it run even faster. Those suggestions are only useful if the loading is symmetric.
April 12, 2020 at 1:59 pmAutonewbieSubscriber
If I would like to find out how much is required to remove the inner part, is frictional stress at the contact tool the right stress to look for?
April 12, 2020 at 5:14 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
I don't understand the question. Describe what you want to know in more detail. Between the triangle and ring, which part is stiff and which part is soft/flexible?
April 13, 2020 at 1:34 amAutonewbieSubscriber
I missed out some words. I was trying to find out the required force to pull out the inner part from press fit but I found the right output now.
However, customer told me that the inner part is come with sharp corner no corner radius...
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.