January 7, 2023 at 10:07 pmmmia1Subscriber
I have modeled two pipes and zero length elastic spring was used at the connection joint. Could anyone please help me telling how I can get shear force and bending moment at the connection joint as below. For shear force and bending moment of this connection which option in LSDyna to be requested in the code.
January 10, 2023 at 7:14 pmJim DayAnsys EmployeeIt's unclear what type of spring is used and how that spring is attached to the pipes. Your figure makes me think the pipes are modeled with shells. Maybe that's not the case. But anyway, you can get forces and moments at a cross-section using *DATABASE_CROSS_SECTION_PLANE (defines location of cross-section) and *DATABASE_SECFORC (defines time interval for output of cross-section data to secforc).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- turning simulation
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- How to figure out impact force in Explicit Dynamic Analysis
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- Which analysis to use for dynamic and quasi-static compression of auxetic structures?
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.