February 9, 2022 at 1:25 pmMopticSubscriber
I have been simulating grated ring structures and even when the source is set to 1.5 to 1.6, I appear to be only getting resonances beyond this range when using 2D FDTD of the FDTD solutions (as shown in the spectrum). However, the same structures in varFDTD using the MODE solutions package show a spectrum across the whole range of the frequency monitor. I am wondering if there is a setting which may be causing a large shift of the resonances in the FDTD simulation?
Many thanks in advance for assistanceFebruary 9, 2022 at 6:39 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeIn general, 2D FDTD and varFDTD are different:
2D simulation means the 3rd dimension is infinite; whereas varFDTD uses the limited size in 3rd dimension, and uses an "equivalent" refractive index in its FDTD simulation. It is "quasi" 3D simulation.
Therefore, the two solvers simulate "different" devices actually.
I would suggest that you use varFDTD, and then verify the result with 3D FDTD.
please refer those links:
MODE - 2.5D varFDTD solver introduction
Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD) solver introduction
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags