June 9, 2023 at 5:58 pmHassan EL HADDADSubscriber
I want to simulate a convergent nozzle with entry diameter of 0.075meter with 30m/s for velocity inlet,and exit diameter of 1millimeter, logically, i have to observe a shock wave on the section of 1 mm, velocity in this section it the sound speed but no shock wave. here some images of my configuration, i begin simulation with hybrid initialisation, i use the SST k-omega model
June 12, 2023 at 10:58 amSRPAnsys Employee
I suggest you to please check the Modeling transient compressible flow tutorial: Chapter 8: Modeling Transient Compressible Flow (ansys.com) as a best practice to set up a model.
I recommend you to setup a model and check once again.
Hope it will help you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.