Electronics

Electronics

Short circuit force simulation

• OROI
      Subscriber

Hi

I would like to simulate what kind of forces and how busbars behave if high short circuit current goes trough conductors or busbars. Is there some tutorial how make that kind of simulation? What Ansys products are needed?

• icellb1
      Ansys Employee
      Hi You can check this knowledge resource for bus bar force simulation:
      #1841 - Instantaneous Forces on Busbars - Application Note (ansys.com)
      For short circuit current , you can use magnetic transient solver in maxwell to add a pwl dataset to define the current. As for how to define short circuit current by pwl dataset, you can check page 13-15 in this PDF: Maxwell-19.1_WS2.1_Demagnetization_Due_To_Fault_Conditions.pdf (sapjam.com)
    • OROI
      Subscriber
      ok, i can use 2019 R2 version at school. I can not access those links because i don't have customer number. I dont have maxwell in analysis system toolbox, is that a problem. I have following licenses installed, are these enough for this kind of simulation?
    • OROI
      Subscriber
      Now i have Maxwell in Workbench toolbox, there was some kind of integration problem. I made simple project that simulates two conductors deformation if 20kA current goes trough the conductors. if I have understood correctly, parallel conductors with current flowing in the opposite direction should repel each other, not attract each other like my simulation solution shows? Also how can i prevent the conductors from going through each other. In real life they should collide with each other.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.