Discovery Import

Discovery Import

Silent Product Configuration

TAGGED: 

• brian+ansys
      Subscriber

Hi, 

I am working on automating the install of ANSYS DL Ultimate on cloud instances. I was wondering if you could provide me with the arguments for ProductConfig.exe that that will populate my desktop with the shortcuts to ANSYS Discovery Live, Discovery SpaceClaim, and Discovery AIM. 

Thanks, 

Brian

• Brian Bueno
      Ansys Employee

RescaleBrian2

I will have to inquire with the installation team and get back to you.

• Brian Bueno
      Ansys Employee

RescaleBrian2

You can use the following:

"C:Program FilesANSYS Incv190ProductConfig.exe" -silent -config

Then on startup the entitlement can activated from the ansysls_client -ActivateLicenseEntitlement and released using ansysls_client -DeactivateLicenseEntitlement on shutdown.

• brian+ansys
        Subscriber

BBueno_ANSYS I ran the command you provided, but it only configured ANSYS Discovery AIM on my desktop. Could I be missing anything? 

Thanks, 

Brian 

• brian+ansys
        Subscriber

BBueno_ANSYS  It appears running the provided command generates the single shortcut "ANSYS Discovery AIM". After reinstalling the software, I noticed the shortcuts also include the version number. Could you please refer me to a resource that shows all options that the product configuration executable takes? 

Thanks, 

Brian

• brian+ansys
      Subscriber

Quick follow up question, can ansysls_client be run as a user or does it need to be run as an Administrator? 

Thanks! 

Brian

• Brian Bueno
        Ansys Employee

RescaleBrian2 

I'm waiting on answers to your first 2 follow up questions.

I can tell you that ansysls_client can be run as a user, admin is not needed.  It is started in the background when running the application to handle the subscriptions.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.