Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Simple 2D Mesh problem!!!

• ghs007
      Subscriber

I am still learning how to use ANSYS Meshing. I want to mesh a simple rectangular geometry to look like this:

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      You could change the edge sizing behavior to 'hard' and see if it ignores the edges. Also you can use a virtual topology object if you want the mesher to ignore split lines. Have a look at
      " target="blank">
      Regards Ishan.
  • ghs007
    Subscriber
    Thank you for the quick response I tried both the virtual topology and hard tool already. Changing it to hard didn't work. The virtual topology worked but it changed the geometry, because of that, the named selection at the inlet and outlet became inactive. Is there a way to just use virtual topology for the meshing process and delete it after without destroying the mesh? If there isn't, is there any other way I can solve the problem?
  • 1shan
    Ansys Employee
    Which version are you using? I tried using virtual topology with a similar geometry but my named selections stay intact.
    Regards Ishan.

• ghs007
    Subscriber
    I have the 2020 R2 version. I read online that using virtual topology invalidates named selections. Is there any other way I can solve my problem?

• Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.