Fluids

Fluids

simple conduction problem

• prashant
      Subscriber

i have made a simple geometry of 2 rectangles 50x25 mm2 mounted on each other ,bottom one is fillled with water and the top one is filled with air only diffussion is taking place,i am able to calculate heat flux across interface.as in post processinf it is generating contour of temprature and heat flux but i m not able to trace value of temperature at particular point.

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Create point from the 'Post-processing tab -> Surfaces -> Create -> Point' and then follow these steps.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• prashant
      Subscriber

thamk you for guiding me ,I have successfully marked the point and extracted the value now i have one more doubt

you for guiding me,image with boundary conditionsfigure  with doubt

why there is difference in the heat flux

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello Prashant,

Apologies for my delayed response.

Do you have a coupled wall condition at the interface?

what is the heat transfer rate at the wall and its shadow? Please share the screenshot of the flux report. Please do not use any surface integral to do this.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

karthik

• prashant
      Subscriber
      In design modular i have made two rectangles and after defining them surface i have made both the rectangles as one part so no interface is there in meshing.as well as i had not defined any boundary conditions on interface and applied all the conditions as shown in previous post.
      Waiting for your response egerly
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.