September 6, 2018 at 4:39 pmmauryaSubscriber
For simple supported beam : 1) one side have restricted translational displacement Ux=0, Uy=0
2) other side have displacement restricted to Uy=0
But this is showing error.
Then i changed the support with simple support given in option still rotational pivot error is there.
my file is attached here.
September 6, 2018 at 4:44 pmRohith PatchigollaAnsys Employee
Beam elements have 6 degrees of freedom (three translations, three rotations).
Since you have not constrained the rotation, especially, rotation about beam axis, you get this rotation pivot error.
Please also add the boundary condition, "fixed rotation" on one of the vertices in order to constrain this rotation (about beam axis).
Have a look at documentation here for further reference.
September 6, 2018 at 4:56 pmmauryaSubscriber
Hello Rohith ji
When we solve Simple supported beam it does not have any bending moment at supports, this means rotation is allowed there.
THen how i can restrict the rotation at one end. I agree beam element has 6 DOF but i have not satisfy with answer.
September 7, 2018 at 3:55 amSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.