March 19, 2021 at 6:27 pmpopoolapadeSubscriberI need to simulate a nanostructure on top of a single image sensor pixel using the FDTD. I am new to Lumerical. Need help in getting started. Thanks n
March 30, 2021 at 10:25 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeAs a beginner, I think this project might be too complicated for you. Please watch some edu videos, and read CMOS examples: https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042851793-CMOS-Optical-simulation-methodology nFor CMOS simulation, we assume it is periodic, so periodic BCs are used for plane wave incidence; If a Gaussian source is used, then PML BCs are applied to truncated the simulation volume.nI am not sure what exactly do you want to simulate. It seems you want to simulate the scattering by this particle? in your real device, it is the whole CMOS array, right? if so, you might try this method: nhttps://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042238733-Optical-Metrology-S-Matrix-MethodologynnI suggest that you narrow down your simulation conditions, list the expected results, and check which source you will use (and thus the boundary conditions), then try to tackle this actual simulation. n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.