July 22, 2023 at 1:32 amAlbi.PaniSubscriber
Hi, is it possible to simulate a phase mask? like a spatial light modulator, that, interacting with the electro magnetic field, introduces a phase different from point to point.
In particular I am interested in simulating a beam with orbital angular momentum with a spiral phase plate
July 25, 2023 at 6:05 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
The beam with orbital angular momentum can be created numerically and imported into source. Please refer to this example: Using an equation to define the spatial field profile of a source in FDTD – Ansys Optics
July 25, 2023 at 6:20 pmAlbi.PaniSubscriber
Thank you, but that is not the question. The question is: is it possible to simulate a sort of a phase mask ?
For example, the spiral phase mask to create orbital angular momentum beams
July 26, 2023 at 12:12 amGuilin SunAnsys Employee
We have exmaples for phase masks (you can search online) however it seems you want to use a phase mask to create some special light beam with a given input light beam. right? if so I think you can simulate, just try. FDTD solves Maxwell's Equations so as long as the mechanisim of creating such beam can be described by Maxwell's Equations it should be able to simulate. The question might be how to quantify the created beam, or how to justify it is the beam you desire.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.