Fluids

Fluids

Simulate imprinting process in fluernt, mold pressure setting

• Leeliao
      Subscriber

Hello everyone:

I am a beginner in fluent, I am doing research on nanoimprint droplets, it is to imprint a liquid material down a solid mold, I would like to know how can I set the imprint pressure of the mold down, I have It is envisaged to use the mold's own gravity to imprint, but the solid mold cannot move

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      To clarify, the weight of the mold presses down on the liquid and deforms it? How big are the droplets/gaps?
    • Leeliao
      Subscriber

Hello:
      Yes, I want to achieve the simulation of nano-imprint by pressing the weight of the mold on the liquid, the volume of the droplet is 576 micrometers, the gap is 5 mm and eventually a 20-micron film will be formed.
      May I ask Can the solid gap be set at 20 microns to directly generate the pressure of the mold so that the mold does not have to move, the gap is unnecessary, I just do an experimental control.
      thank you

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Below around 50-100microns you'll start to lose accuracy as the surface tension forces etc will dominate as the surface stops being smooth and surface defects may become large. At 20 microns you may find you're missing physics and start to break the continuum theory: read up on Knudsen Number.
      You can set the mold to whatever position you want, but you then need to figure out how to add the fluid.
    • Leeliao
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your advice
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.