March 7, 2022 at 6:44 amzhanggaolu17SubscriberMarch 15, 2022 at 11:58 amPraneethAnsys Employee
Please provide more information about your query to help us serve you better.
Kindly let us know your intent on using the PN junction diode in your simulation model?
Like you said, lumped RLC boundary may not be appropriate based on your application.
You can use cosimulation between Ansys HFSS and Ansys Circuit for your need.
All the very best Praneeth.
March 16, 2022 at 1:00 amzhanggaolu17SubscriberHi pmunaga Actually i am trying to design a travelling wave silicon photonics modulator. the signal travels from one port to another port In the longitudinal, But there is a lateral current on the pn junction´╝î The width of the pn junction is only about 20um, so I think it can be considered that the pn junction can be regarded as a lumped device laterally. I'm not very sure, but from your answer I think maybe my case really can't use RLC boundary as pn junction, right? Thank you!
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.