March 4, 2022 at 11:51 amJamesMcIlreeSubscriber
Hi, I need to simulate cracks in different regions of a steel sheet. Example: top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right etc. However, these cracks need to be randomized so that each steel sheet with a crack is different to the rest.
How would I go about creating these cracks? And is there a script I can use to create an arbitrary number of these sheets, say a thousand or so?
Thank you.March 16, 2022 at 5:06 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Please see if the following link helps you:
how to create a crack on a 3D surface body in ANSYS workbench? ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.