April 4, 2023 at 11:34 pmRobert CalabreseSubscriber
I am having difficulty simulating an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) using HFSS. I found this link (https://www.ansys.com/blog/emp-simulations-make-the-latest-executive-order-affordable), but I haven't been able to recreate any of these examples. Are there any more detailed tutorials available for using HFSS to simulate EMPs? Also, is HFSS the proper tool for EMP simulation, or would Maxwell be more appropriate?
April 6, 2023 at 12:21 pmAnchal SinghAnsys Employee
Yes, HFSS is the proper tool for electromagnetic pulse simulation. This can be done in the 'Transient' solution type.
You can go through the "HFSS Transient" chapter of the HFSS Help document to explore more about the transient solution type in HFSS.
You can access this section through online help here - Ansys Electronics 2023 R1
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.