July 4, 2020 at 7:21 pmKurrninSubscriber
How would I go about simulating the ISO 527 standard for tensile testing? It states that the part is stretched at 5 or 50mm/min until failure. How would I simulate that in static structural?
July 4, 2020 at 10:09 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Ignore the time. Just solve in Static Structural using 1 step that ends at 1 second and use whatever an appropriate displacement is required to take the model past the failure displacement.
July 4, 2020 at 10:16 pmKurrninSubscriberI’m sorry I’m not sure I follow? What do you mean by an appropriate displacement?
July 5, 2020 at 1:34 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
What is the material you are testing? What is the Elongation at Break?
If Elongation at break is 0.1% then the displacement is 0.001*length.
If Elongation at break is 50% then the displacement is 0.5*length.
July 5, 2020 at 11:32 amKurrninSubscriber
Okay I think I understand now, thank you very much for the help!
The material I'll be using is PLA
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.