Fluids

Fluids

Simulating respiration process

• danielwagstyl
      Subscriber
      Hello everybody,nnI am simulating respiration procces under face shield using species transport model. For representing inhalation and exhalation I wrote UDF, where velocity profile is a cosinus function. The mouth of the model act as both outlet(inhalation) and inlet(exhalation), and there is fixed composition of exhaled air(o2,n2, h2o and co2). For exhalation when velocity is greater than zero, everything works fine and results seems to look okay, but the problems begins during inhalation. Since the composition of the air is fixed, and the only thing that changes is direction of speed, the solver starts giving wrong results, because around inlet/outlet there is different composition of air, than I set in species tab (it does what I forced it to do).nnMy question is, it is possible to make probing point around mouth(inlet/outlet), to probe air composition, and then use this data during further calculation as a boundry condition(species) during inhalation process? Or maybe you have other ideas how can i set the compositon of inhaled air to be close to the results obtained in exhalation phase.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      What is the solver doing? In theory Fluent should ignore the composition settings and suck out based on the flow you set. n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.