TAGGED: fdtd, hexagonalmesh
April 13, 2023 at 7:30 amsagarSubscriber
In the simulation, I am using a hexagonal lattice and periodic BC at X and Y, and PML at the top and bottom. The simulation is not reaching the auto shutoff level and I am getting a plot like this.
It might be because of the periodic boundary is going through the materials. What I found if I include a small k value (imaginary part of the refractive index) in the dielectric, this problem is getting resolved. Please suggest a possible solution for this. Thank you.
April 13, 2023 at 6:25 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Are you using a log scale in the graph?
you can increase the simulation time by 10 folder of the origial value.
You may also use integer number of meshes in the periodic directions with the override mesh settings.
Due to the periodic interaction, the simulation can be long. This is why when you add a small loss to the material it terminates faster.
April 13, 2023 at 8:22 pmsagarSubscriber
No, It is generated graph during the simulation. I tried adding an override mesh setting but did not work. I will check by increasing the simulation 10 time and let you know. Thanks.
April 14, 2023 at 4:24 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
There might be something wrong, as the autoshutoff level should be positive. Please check the FDTD setings. If it is still the same, please create a new simulaiton file by copying all the objects but not the FDTD region.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.