Fluids

Fluids

Simulation of an Hot Fluid Flow

Tagged: 

• ayodele1
      Subscriber
      Dear ANSYS,nI am simulating flow of an hot fluid at 192.7C from a tank to a valve, at the upstream side of a pump. No mixing of flows is involved, rather the hot fluid flows from the tank (@ 3.21 barg header pressure) to the valve. I am setting up the flow physics in FLUENT, but unsure about what parameter of the flow to use as surface monitor.nShould I use wall shear stress, or flow rate?nThanks in anticipation.nAyodele1 n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      If the level of the fluid in the tank decreases, neither of these monitors will reach steady state. nWhat do you want to get from the simulation? This is what will determine your monitorsn
    • ayodele1
      Subscriber
      I am actually trying to compare flow parameters at some points in 2 pipe configurations, which are parallel to each other, one closer to the tank and the other further away from the same tank. I plan to simulate the flow independently and obtain suitable flow parameters at the points of interest.nThank you.nAyodele1 n n
    • ayodele1
      Subscriber
      I am setting the inlet with Pressure inlet boundary condition, and the outlet with Pressure outlet boundary condition. I have applied the pressure in the tank as the pressure inlet value, and 0 barg applied on the outlet.nThank you.nAyodele1 n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      So, if you are interested in the velocity, use it as monitorn
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.