Fluids

Fluids

Simulation of Automation of Temperature of a room

• Jakob Bryant
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I'm completely new to Ansys, and my team is trying to determine which software we should look at to simulate a system that would control the temperature of a room that is subjected to a heat load by using dampers and fans. We would like to simulate different fan and damper positions/speeds, and we were wondering if anyone has experience in 

A. Simulating room temperature based on fans and dampers in Ansys.

and B. Simulating control systems (such as a PID control) within a temperature control simulation in Ansys.

Thanks for any help!

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

I assume you have commercial licenses and you seek some guidance in evaluating which tools or framework can be used for your need. Is this correct? Did you contact your local Ansys support or channel partner?

Task A and Task B can be done with our CFD-Flagship products but I think it is better if you contact us to provide more a dedicated guidance.

• Jakob Bryant
      Subscriber

Hi, how would I contact for more specific information? We're working with a student license.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

As you are using student license please use this platform to get answers to your questions :)

Again both tasks can be done with Ansys Fluent. For PID you probably require some customization but we have an example in our Fluent User's Guide where regulating inlet temprature based on outlet temperature via Expressions.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.