May 11, 2021 at 9:38 amzaidi99Subscriber
Hi everyone. I am new to simulations and thats why I really need some guidance to model my problem. I want to see the behavior of my soft actuator when I pull the cables passing through it. Can anyone suggest a good starting point to start modeling this problem? How can I define the behavior of cables ? I am attaching the figure of the actuator I'm trying to simulate. Thanks in advance 😊May 11, 2021 at 1:08 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberWhat materials are in the actuator? Are the red bodies much stiffer than the other parts? If so, set those bodies to be rigid to reduce computation time. What is the connection between the black links and the red bodies? Do the red parts rotate on the black parts or are they bonded together? What is the material of the black parts. Do they elastically deform and provide the return force when the cable tension is reduced?
I recommend you model the cable using line bodies and mesh them with CABLE280 elements. Open ANSYS Help, go to Mechanical APDL, then the Element Reference and the Element Library and scroll down to 280.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.