Fluids

Fluids

Simulation of damping

• jatin prasath
      Subscriber

I want to simulate the damping of Rotating body which is acted upon by a torque.The body is underwater.I have no idea how to simulate such a system,also i want to know the pressure acting on certain parts of the body.Kindly tell me which module should i use.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

What questions do you want the model to answer?

Please reply and insert an image into the post showing the geometry and where you want the pressure to act and where the torque is being applied.

• jatin prasath
      Subscriber

I am attaching a hand drawn diagram. The object here is is made up of 2 different material so has a bouyant force acting in the less dense material. The other material has same density as fluid. Because of this there will be a torque due to which the body will rotate and there will be an increase in pressure dir to it's motion under the fluid.

• jatin prasath
      Subscriber

Also i would like to find pressure on any general point of the body.

Sorry for such late reply

Thanking you

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Use the Fluent (Fluid Flow) analysis system. This is a complicated model.

If you have never used Fluent before, I recommend you do a few simpler models first. 

Do a few tutorials. There are some on this site and many on YouTube.

• jatin prasath
      Subscriber

• I have used fluent fluid flow in past but i couldn't find any tutorial for such a system. Currently I am simulating the system by simplyfing it.I calculated the velocity of object by force and torque balance.Then to find pressure at particular position i found out the velocity at that point with the help of angular velocity. Them i fixed the object and gave fluid exactly opposite velocity. In this way i was able to find pressure at desired location.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.