3D Design

3D Design

Simulation of exhaust manifold

• Sulman
      Subscriber
      Hi I am doing simulation of exhaust manifold. The backpressure at the outlet of the manifold is 27kPa. I am confused on how to apply the backflow of 27000 Pascal at my outlet. Basically I don't know how to apply the pressure based outlet Boundary condition. Can anyone guide me on how to apply pressure based outlet boundary condition with 27000 Pa backflow pressure?.n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nAre you using Ansys Fluent for this simulation? If so, you should be able to use the Pressure Outlet boundary condition?nIf you are using Discovery Live, could you please confirm this?nThanks.nKarthikn
    • Sulman
      Subscriber
      Yes I am using ansys fluent for the simulation. I am confused about how to apply the pressure outlet boundary condition? what should I write in the gauge pressure?n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      nYes, the outlet pressure is always in terms of the gauge pressure. nTo read more about the Outlet Pressure boundary condition (Section 7.4.9.1.2. Defining Static Pressure), please refer to the following link.nThe significance of operating pressure is explained in Section 8.14. Operating PressurenI hope this answers your question.nKarthikn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.