General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Simulation of thermo-electric cooler(TEC) with a heat sink and a fluid domain

• MohamedAyman1
      Subscriber

Hello!!

I'm trying to simulate the transient behavior of a thermo-electric cooler with a heat sink attached to the hot side to dissipate heat.I have two fluid domains. One is attached to the cold side and the other is an enclosure for the heat sink(see the attached photo).I want to make a coupling between the fluent and thermal-electric modules in WB in order to make a co-simulation since it is a transient simulation and the temperature in the cold and hot side changes with time as well as the convection heat transfer coefficient. I've already done a transient simulation but only with the thermal electric module by adding commands to MAPDL and h on both sides(hot and cold) and it gave a good results but i want to make fluent to calculate the h and to be coupled with the Thermal electric module.(system coupling)

I REALLY need help!!!! 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Inserted the image attached above because ANSYS Staff are not permitted to open attachments.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Mohamed, please wait to click the Is Solution link below a post until you have actually solved your problem.

Open the ANSYS Help, click the Home button and search for Load Transfer Coupled Physics.  You can read Chapter 3.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.