Fluids

Fluids

Simulink-Fluent Co-Simulation through Matlab-AAS

• ontariotechracing
      Subscriber
      Hi there, nI currently trying to run a heat transfer and flow simulation of a Li-ion battery pack for an FSAE car with cylindrical cells. I have a battery model in Simulink that can model the heat generation of the cell based on current, state of charge, and cell temperature. I wanted to know if there was a way to perform a transient co-simulation of sorts where for each time step a cell current(from track telemetry data) is passed to the battery model which passes the heat gen rate to fluent, which solves for the cell temperature and passes it back to the battery model and repeats. nWell, that's how I think it would play out. I'm open to other suggestions as well as how to do something like that. So far what I've been able to do is to import a transient table from the battery model which would provide pretty good results but having a co-simulation would really make it better. nAnyways I look forward to some help, if there isn't a way to do so that's okay n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nYes, you should be able to export the Functional Mockup unit and import it in Fluent to run a co-simulation. nPlease see this webinar on battery thermal management using a functional mock up unit and it should give you a good starting place.nAlso, as a side-note, Fluent has in-built battery models that you should be able to use.nKarthikn
    • ontariotechracing
      Subscriber
      So I can't go through the FMU route due to some restrictions by the company that made the battery model, but I have a problem regarding the Matlab-AAS, is there a guide for all the syntax to control fluent? For example, I need to get a value from an output parameter and transfer that value to a simulink model and the simulink model returns an input value for fluent. However if I use iFluentTuiInterpreter.doMenuCommandToString('report surface-integrals facet-avg ,5, temperature no'), it returns a string instead of a value that I can use for the battery model. How can I call that output as an actual number?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      All the information we can share here is in the documentation, https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v211/en/aas_usr/aas_usr_chp_servers.htmln
    • ontariotechracing
      Subscriber
      This is perfect, I got it to work thank you!n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.