December 15, 2022 at 4:42 pmrakesh_krishnaSubscriber
I am trying to observe the spectral response of a single ring resonator element in the interconnect. Ideally I expect a spectral response showing peaks with an FSR. The layout is shown in the attached image below. But the ONA does not show any results. The warning includes a deadlock connection for the waveguide and an error that no value for gain can be found in the ONA. Is there a wrong connection here leading to such an error?
December 16, 2022 at 12:00 amGuanhui WangAnsys Employee
The problem is that the single bus ring is a unidirectional element which means that the signal can only go from the input to the output. Wiht that definition, the way you connect the ONA is wrong. You may want to flip the ring model, or use a bi-directional ring model.
December 16, 2022 at 1:43 amrakesh_krishnaSubscriber
Thanks Guanhui. I replaced the ring model with a bidirectional element. However, no peaks seem to be detected in the ONA. I changed the frequency range parameter in the ONA, but still couldn't find any peaks. Does it have to do with the coupling coefficient/length of the ring? I kept the length as 188.4 um which is the circumference of a ring with 30 um radius.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.