Photonics

Photonics

Single ring resonator CML model not working properly

• rakesh_krishna
      Subscriber

I am trying to observe the spectral response of a single ring resonator element in the interconnect. Ideally I expect a spectral response showing peaks with an FSR. The layout is shown in the attached image below. But the ONA does not show any results. The warning includes a deadlock connection for the waveguide and an error that no value for gain can be found in the ONA. Is there a wrong connection here leading to such an error?

• Guanhui Wang
      Ansys Employee

Hi rakesh_krishna,

The problem is that the single bus ring is a unidirectional element which means that the signal can only go from the input to the output. Wiht that definition, the way you connect the ONA is wrong. You may want to flip the ring model, or use a bi-directional ring model. 

• rakesh_krishna
      Subscriber

Thanks Guanhui. I replaced the ring model with a bidirectional element. However, no peaks seem to be detected in the ONA. I changed the frequency range parameter in the ONA, but still couldn't find any peaks. Does it have to do with the coupling coefficient/length of the ring? I kept the length as 188.4 um which is the circumference of a ring with 30 um radius. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.