November 13, 2023 at 6:58 pmOsama JadaanSubscriber
How do we incorporate transient heat transfer (transient thermal distribution) in the sintering of materials. Sintering is a capability available in the additive manufacturing add-on in ANSYS Mechanical.
November 16, 2023 at 11:48 amAshish KhemkaForum Moderator
Please do a web search for a paper titled:
Computational modeling of heat transfer and sintering behavior during direct metal laser sintering of AlSi10Mg alloy powder
Also, please see if the following link is of use to you: Tutorial workbench with sintering process; (ansys.com)
November 17, 2023 at 9:05 pmOsama JadaanSubscriber
Thank you Ashish, I appreciate your reply.
I read the paper you suggested. I also read all documentation in ANSYS regarding the sintering models and add-on module, did the tutorials and started my own model.
The paper you asked me to read only deals with transient heat transfer modeling, which I have no issue with and know how to do. My question was regarding using the transient thermal results as input into the sintering analysis (add-on). how do we go about doing this in ansys. Currently, it seems like ansys assumes constant temperature profile throughout the component at a given time. But what I need is to use a transient temperature profile that varies with time and position with the sintering analysis.
November 20, 2023 at 9:49 amAshish KhemkaForum Moderator
Please wait for other members to comment.
November 21, 2023 at 11:39 amj_pAnsys Employee
You can import the transient thermal results through an external data system, i.e. as an imported load. For further information please read the following section: Importing Loads (ansys.com).
November 21, 2023 at 2:23 pmOsama JadaanSubscriber
Thank you, Janos. I will try your suggestion.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- License Error
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- how to open DesignModeler
- FlexNet Licensing – Not running
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Ansys2021R2 ansys212 seg faults immediately on RHEL8.2
- Numerical Problem Size limits with a model that should run
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.