Electronics

Electronics

Sinusoidal Current Excitation

• Lukas8778
      Subscriber
      Hey, nI'm trying to excite my PMSM motor phases with a sinusoidal current equation but I'm not sure how to define the equation with according time dependent variables.nI want to have an Amplitude of 750A at a 33 Hz frequency (105.9 rpm at 500V). nCan anyone help me how to define the equations for each phase?.Kind regardsnnLukasn
    • Lukas8778
      Subscriber
      Hey,nI tried to excite my Stator coils as follows:nFor Phase B and C I added a phase shift of +- 2*pi/3.nnWhen I analyze my PMSM I don't get any stator currents:nCan anyone help?.Greets Lukas n
    • icellb1
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, nYou can compare all your setups with build-in examples in Maxwell to troubleshoot: nClick file on the top left corner, choose Open examples, then click RMxprt. Choose the motor type of interest, e.g. pmsg. Open the design. nThen run the design. After completing analysis, right click on Analyze-->Create Maxwell Design-->ok. A ready-to-run maxwell design will be automatically generated. You can check if there's any difference between your setups and its. n
    • Lukas8778
      Subscriber
      Hey, nThank you for your answer, I'm aware of the examples but couldn't find any solution yet.nMy simulation works fine with voltage excitation but somehow not with a current excitation.nIs the equation I use correct? What else has to be set in order to excite with constant sinusoidal current?nThank you for your help n
    • icellb1
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nYour equation looks correct. Did you get 0 current in the current waveform when you use any current excitation or just the one you showed? For example, try a DC current and see if it's still 0.n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.