Fluids

Fluids

sinusoidal velocity and pressure bounday condition setup for turbulent pipe flow in fluent 19

• cylindrax
      Subscriber

I found those some UDF code online and I tried to modify to suit my need. I have Reynolds number of 10 000 so i got an inlet velocity of about 3 and for the pressure i set it up to be atmospheric pressure. I set my omega to be 12. Now my problem is that i don't know if my code is write. additionally, i seen that a video who said i need to write the code in C save it and then load in FLUENT. I will like some guidance.

• Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee

See following tutorial. It shows how to write and apply parabolic velocity profile at inlet using UDF.

• cylindrax
      Subscriber

Thank Vganore for your help. I will watch and try my UDF code.

• marinak
      Subscriber

To check if your boundary condition is implemented correctly, you can record pressure and velocity time history at certain points at the boundary(It should look like a sinusoidal wave). You can plot it against the sinusoidal wave that you expect to see, if these 2 will coincide, your condition is correct.

• Ananth Narayan
      Subscriber

What does float x[3] and float y means. I mean what's the purpose.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Float array. That is basic programming C.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Float y is variable declaration that y is a real float not an integer.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      In python there is no need to declare a variable it is implicitly done with proper ttpe
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.