Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Size of material library in “Engineering Data Source”?

• fdinh
      Subscriber
      I wanted to build a robust library for my simulations.nI saw that in the Engineering Data Source there's a General Materials library, comprised of 14 elements:nAirnAluminum AlloynConcretenCopper AlloynFR-4nGray Cast IronnMagnesium AlloynPolyethylenenSilicon AnisotropicnStainless SteelnStructural SteelnTitanium AlloynnI saw that there are other libraries, but more specific (composite materials, non-linear, etc) and overall even smaller than the general one.nIs this all there is to it, or do I need to install other packages to have a wider material library?n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nAre you working with the Free Student product? Also, which analysis system are you using (Ansys Structural or Ansys Thermal)?nCould you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing?nThank you.nKarthikn
    • fdinh
      Subscriber
      Hi, I have a Ansys Mechanical Enterprise license. This is my Engineering Data screenshot:https://i.imgur.com/Sa0qBwg.pngnn
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Yes, this is correct. Under 'General' materials you will see just these 14 materials. If you are looking for additional materials, I'd recommend that you look into other Data Sources (Additive Manufacturing Materials, Geomechanical Materials, Composite Materials etc.). You will start seeing additional materials listed there. nAlso, you could always add your material properties using the 'Add a New Material'. nThank you.nKarthikn
    • fdinh
      Subscriber
      I get it, thank you.n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      You're welcome! n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.