Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Skewness and OQ inspection

• Raj007
      Subscriber

Hello all,

I have a complex body with 300 parts. I have given mesh based on body shapes.

The mesh is successful. I just want to know that, should we consider only average value for Skewness and OQ or we should also take Min value and Standard deviation under consideration?

(If I don't make any sense in my question please look into attached images)

Thanks in advance,

Raj

• Raj007
      Subscriber

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hello Raj,

The most important value in element quality statistics is the minimum value. It is these elements that can destroy the quality of the solution. A good average value will not offset a bad Min value. You need to learn to operate the Controls on the graph. The first thing is to stretch the graph to make it tall. Then you can limit the range of values plotted along the horizontal axis. Set the limits to plot only between 0 and 0.1 to focus on the worst quality elements. Then when you click on a bar in the graph, the elements light up in the mesh and you can see where they are. Then you must take corrective action to get the Min value above the acceptance criterion.

Do some research to determine the acceptance criterion for a set of quality metrics.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.