December 11, 2019 at 7:43 pmnechveirstSubscriber
I am currently doing a research on laminate composite crack growth using SMART Crack Growth feature in ANSYS R19.1, based on this tutorial. When I follow the tutorial there is nothing error, but when I was changed the geometry, I faced an unknown problem that stated in Messages prompt. It said:
SMART remeshing algorithm does not produce new crack surface with a good quality mesh for Cgrow ID 1. Crack propagation is stopped.
Based on my problem, I would ask two questions:
1. Is SMART Crack Growth feature depend on the geometry ? If yes, how should the geometry look like ?
2. What is the parameter of good quality mesh for Cgrow ID 1 ? Is there any method of meshing that need to use for SMART Crack Growth ?
I also attached the pictures of my error result geometry and error message.
Hope it can be answered immediately. Thank you so much.
December 11, 2019 at 7:44 pm
December 30, 2020 at 9:48 amGioSubscriberHi I have the same problem too...did you resolve it? n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.