October 1, 2020 at 2:51 pmsimon.shiSubscriber
i have a question. I was doing a bending test and was hoping to apply SMART crack onto the simulation in order to see if the applied strain will lead to crack propagation within the material. I was following a tutorial for the characterization of the pre meshed crack which has worked for me in the past.
However, a questionmark is still behind the SMART crack tab. Does anybody have an idea as to what could be the problem? I have included a few screenshots.
I would be grateful for any advice or comment!!October 16, 2020 at 6:35 pmDaniel ShawAnsys EmployeeDoes your mesh contain hex elements? SMART only works with tet meshes.nNovember 3, 2020 at 12:40 pmsimon.shiSubscriberThanks for the reply. No the mesh only contains a tet mesh. I might have found the problem. I think it was the contact behavior applied to the model. SMART only allows for bonded contact. nViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.