April 9, 2022 at 3:30 pmjharris5463Subscriber
I am trying to simulate a relatively simple snap fir attachment like shown in the picture. For some reason as the snap fit engages with the mating side it separates from the surface causing more deflection than what would actually happen. The image shows the contact settings I am using. I have done this simulation in the past and the snap fit slides along the mating side with no issue, but I do not remember how I had it set up.
Does anyone have any insight on this type of issue?April 11, 2022 at 12:31 pmViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Cannot apply load on node
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags