3D Design

3D Design

So I have serious problem with one nut for engine and it does not want to create a sphere feature.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So I have serious problem with one nut for engine and it does not want to create a sphere feature. So when I do a feature of Extrude, I do not have a problem to finish it with no problem, but with a revolve or feature of pherical object, it is not possible to finish it. This is needed to finish the featrue, but it does not accept feature, which I have there. So if you tell me what shall I do, it will help me a lot. Thanks You can see the feature with no effect of surface feature and with an effect which I tried on one cylindrical object and it has been done without any problem. Thanks Jiri

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

And the tree outline is here as well. Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So I tried to test revolution and I found out, that I do not know how to use the command of Revolution at all, because nothing works at all, so if you can help me a little bit...thanks. Jiri

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You need a sketch of the part you want to revolve and an axis (either the coordinate system or a line in a sketch) and it should work. Please can you add a screen shot of the Revolve6 showing the settings (right click and edit). 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Ok, I can add the whole picture of the screen and I hope it will help a bit. It is just sure, that I cannot do any Revolution at all and I do not know why. Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

And view for the Revolve6 as mentioned. Thanks

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Which edge do you have selected, and is there an error message? Try extending the bolt by a small amount too: if the highlighted sketch isn't quite overlapping that can cause non-manifold bodies to be created (or rather it'll complain and not do anything). 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Ok, I do not think what you are thinking about, but it does not seem to me a problem, but I will try it. And let you know.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So now I have done it with sphere objects under create and it started to work, the only thing I have it to make a change of the sphere to only a part of it, only 4 mm, which I can put there where it is needed. But have no idea and of course it is quite problematic that I cannot still continue with Revolve command. So if you help me how to finish the part of the bolt and how to continue with Revolve would be absolutely helpfull. Thanks Jiri

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

The basic problem is that I need to change the spehre to the point of only 4 mm - the top of the screw. Thanks a lot Jiri

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Right, now you've shown the graphic I think you need to change the sketch about 3 posts up. If you're revolving the (yellow) sketch what will happen to the material as the two parts revolve around the centre line? 

Remove the lower half of the sketch (ie the part below the axis) and try again. 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Ok, but in this way I am not able to understand you! To change the sketch about 3 posts up, so I should make the shape needed much earlier?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

No, the sketch you're revolving crosses the axis: alter the sketch so this doesn't happen. 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

And of course I have told you that I still do not know how to use the command Revolve at all, I just used the spherical object. So this is the critical for me to learn Revolve. Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

What do you mean, I am not able to understand you at all. Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

I just have the sphere, but do not know how to use only a part of it!

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Also it is necessary to say that the thickness of the sphere is 0 as you can see on the picture below. So it is also a question?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Start at the top of the list and work your way down:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=qdQXXMPBEqrjsAfe4KnoAQ&q=youtube+designmodeler+revolve

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Thanks a lot.

Jiri

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

The point only is how to use the object of Create/Primitives/Sphere? Since now I have only 0 thickness, so is to be use only for volume having the internal material, i. e. earlier! Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

But it does not look the best for me...

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

The most important in my case it that I need to create the thickness of the spehre, otherwise I cannot use it at all. Can you tell me how to do it. And it is done by a sphere! Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

I would just to do it in a easy way for the Revolution technic, since till now I do not understand it!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Well, now you've watched all the YouTube videos and looked very carefully at what you're trying to revolve why do you think it's not working? You can use one of my earlier posts to help. 

Re the sphere, when you create a primitive there's a setting for thin surface at the bottom of the list. You probably set that. 

As an aside, please do not mark your own posts as the answer and then start a new thread asking the same question. 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

The problem is when I create a spere, it does not have its thickness, so it means I cannot use it at all, so I will try to apply the revolve, but it does not work at all, so what can I do, but even when I ask to you, I have no responsible answer at all. So what shall I do?

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

The thickness of the spere is 0 and this is fine to work with? Not for me at all.

• FrankD
      Ansys Employee

The sketch is the thing being revolved around the axis. Either sketch your entire closed sketch on one side of the axis, and revolve it 360 degrees, or revolve the sketch you have, 180 degrees.

F

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

What should be the problem, I do not understand it at all, so it means with the thickness? But how can I specify it? It is a 3D not 2D as I do sketching?

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

I know that in revolving I have to create a sketch of the thickness! I am not an idiot. So what do you mean?

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

And it is exatly as I do, I do not know what I am doing wrongly...

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

It is just basic basis of creating the revolved features, but I thing it is fairly easy to tell you to me how to do it! Thanks a lot.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

I think for you this is absolute basic you can in this case have and for this reason I do not expect to do st. special, thanks.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So I think you can tell me if I am using only the sphere, how can I change its thickness? Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Hello, in order to have a look at my model, please I can show you what is happening. You can see that I can be creating the revolution there, however I cannot to finish it, there is nothing afterward this. So would you know what is the problem? It is to cut it with revolution, but afterwards nothing is happenig. So please let me know what is the problem. Thanks Jiri

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

It does not work at all, so what shall I do? Thanks

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

How many degrees rotation have you applied in the above image? 

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

And now I also showing you that I made a drawing of Revolution without any problem, so that you all the time telling me some non-senses. Thanks for helping me. However, it seems that I will have to do it again and at the beginning to start with the revolution and it will be done as I can see the problem. Thanks for your help.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

The problem that I have made again you can see now on the picture and the same problem, the result should be as it is shown on the picture, but not possible and why - you know it very well, so please give me recommentation. Thanks. It shows that it can do it, but in reality it cannot!

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So it is really nice that you can help me, but to wait weeks it is not the best at all!!! And e. g. you can see the picture below and have done something different, but it works, but the one I need it does not work at all.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Because you have a serious problem to help me a bit, I will have to be trying, trying and trying, great, great, great!

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

And if you just start to think a bit about this issue you will see that I have made the removal in the revolve position and you can see in the picture, that it does not have the whole wolume, but only for the added material and it is only plane, not a volume at all, so there is something wrong and I do not know what it is. So please start to think about this issue. Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

In do not have any kind of this problem. I am not an idiot, so please do mention non-senses!

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So basically nobody is able to find out what is the problem? Amazing!

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

One mark that members providing help look for, to decide whether to read
      a discussion is the "Topic Is Solved" green check mark and it looks like this:

or this:

When scanning a list of discussions, it is easy to see what is solved and what is not.
      Members want to be efficient with their time, so may only open discussions that are not solved.

You checked your own post with the Is Solution mark and people stopped looking at this discussion.
      You can try deleting that post and see if the discussion returns to not solved.

Now about that, checking your own post with Is Solution. You have done it a few times.
      It's best to check Is Solution on the post of the person who provided the most help.
      This website is supported by people volunteering their time and this is one way to thank them.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

This is great, but it does not help me at all, so what is your problem, you are not able to help me at all? And why, why do you have a problem that I have to comment it if I do not have any result. This is fine for you? It is just a joke for me!!!

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Are you able to at least help me why I do the revolution in a different form, like the above, but you should have the same problem, sorry, but I am not an idiot. Thanks for understanding!!!

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So because of you, I will have to rewrite it again and start with a new discussion, would here be a person, who is able to help me! I just need to make a simple example, because the revolution does not want to work at all! Are you joking or you are like to be serious, but not-serious! I need a little help, would you be able to help me a little bit! Thanks

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.