Ansys Products

Ansys Products

So I made again an installation of Ansys 19.0 and I have a serious problem.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So I made again an installation of Ansys 19.0 and I have a serious problem to start to run the license. So I am giving you the pictures I have seen. I hope you will understand the problem I have here and let me know how to change it. Thanks a lot What is says that I cannot have any licence, but I have it, so I do not understand, but I should also know what could be the problem, but I do not.

Thanks for your ideas.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

And be sure that before I did not have any problem to install it, but now yes and I have the same licenses, etc.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Basically it says NO SERVERS PROVIDED.

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

And now I am also adding this material that was shown:

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Georgiro,

It seems like you have an issue with DNS (IP resolution of Georgiro) . Please ask your network IT to help with this.

Also, I see that you are running ANSYS License Manager in a non-default mode (Licensing Interconnect and FlexNet separately). This usually creates a lot of unnecessary complications. Any particular reason you want to run it this way ?

Thank you,

Win

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Unfortunately, I was not doing it before, but now I am able to open the model, but I cannot add there anything to the model, so what shall I do now? I have to idea with it! Thanks

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Basically I need to switch something off, but I do not know what and later on to switch it on, but what? Have no idea?

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

Why ANSLI-SERVERS: 2325@Georgiro FLEXlm Servers: 1055@Georgiro are not working? What shall I do with them? I have no idea?

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

It is down or not responsive...

• Georgiro
      Subscriber

So what shall I do in this case?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

1. Close anything related to ANSYS

2. Delete the following files (if exist)

C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensingansyslmd.ini

C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensingansyslmd.lic

C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensingansoftd.lic

3. Open ANSYS License Management Center -> Add a license file -> Browse to the license file that you receive and install it -> back to the main page and hit 'Stop'

4. Go to C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensinglicense_files , then look for any .lic files (e.g., ansyslmd.lic , ansoftd.lic). Open all of the .lic files, then edit the second entity (the server hostname) on the SERVER line to be 127.0.0.1 . It would look something like this

SERVER 127.0.0.1 abcdefg 1055

5. Launch the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility with "run as administrator" >> Specify the License Server Machine >> Select on the list that shows your hostname, then edit it >> Change the hostname to be 127.0.0.1 , then choose "OK"

6. Go back to ANSYS License Management Center >> "Start"

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.