January 28, 2022 at 1:34 pmferruccio.pisanelloSubscriber
I am trying to simulate a SOA with Interconnect, and I would like to have some directions.
I have seen the TWLM section (https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036108274-Laser-TW-TWLM-INTERCONNECT-Element), although it seems to be more centered around the model of a semiconductor laser. The example is more related to the electrical tuning of the laser, where the output of both optical ports is 9 dB optical signal; if I try to set a periodic square-wave optical in the optical input, the TWLM does not receive a gain.
I have seen that Fraunhofer HHI have developed a SOA model (https://www.lumerical.com/customer-success/fraunhofer-hhi/), and I would like to know which parameter I need to tune to obtain a similar effect.
So, can you please tell me:
1. what are the parameters required to obtain an optical gain from the input (e.g. a square NRZ bit sequence) to the output?
2. Also, I would like to ask you if it is possible to obtain a saturation effect of the SOA, which I show in the attached Figure.
Sorry for the basic questions, but I am new to the Interconnect module, and overwhelmed by the many parameters.
Thanks!Viewing 0 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.