January 28, 2022 at 1:34 pmferruccio.pisanelloSubscriber
I am trying to simulate a SOA with Interconnect, and I would like to have some directions.
I have seen the TWLM section (https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036108274-Laser-TW-TWLM-INTERCONNECT-Element), although it seems to be more centered around the model of a semiconductor laser. The example is more related to the electrical tuning of the laser, where the output of both optical ports is 9 dB optical signal; if I try to set a periodic square-wave optical in the optical input, the TWLM does not receive a gain.
I have seen that Fraunhofer HHI have developed a SOA model (https://www.lumerical.com/customer-success/fraunhofer-hhi/), and I would like to know which parameter I need to tune to obtain a similar effect.
So, can you please tell me:
1. what are the parameters required to obtain an optical gain from the input (e.g. a square NRZ bit sequence) to the output?
2. Also, I would like to ask you if it is possible to obtain a saturation effect of the SOA, which I show in the attached Figure.
Sorry for the basic questions, but I am new to the Interconnect module, and overwhelmed by the many parameters.
Thanks!Viewing 0 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags