July 25, 2022 at 12:20 pmoffroader10052Subscriber
I ask for advice.
I bought an AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX processor and can't use it to its full potential.
The same task in Ansys CFX is solved at different speeds.
Each new run of the solution gives a solution at a different speed.
test 1 - 3200 seconds
test 2 - 900 seconds
test 3 - 7000 seconds
test 4 - 1400 seconds
How to achieve the same minimum solution time?
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX (64 physical cores, 128 threads);
- 128 GB RAM;
- 512 SSD samsung evo;
- no throttling occurs, temperature 50-55 °C;
- Windows 10 x64;
- Ansys 19.1.
Did not help:
- disable hyper trading
- disable turbo boost
- reinstall win to another copy
- ssd replacement
- Installing another version of Ansys 2021
- installation of all driver and OS updates.
I have run successfully this model before on another computer.
Other programs run fine on this PC with the same repeatable results (benchmarks, video encoding, rendering).
July 27, 2022 at 1:18 pmRobAnsys Employee
The same job is taking a different time or different number of iterations or....? Timings can be affected by compute load, ie what else the system is doing. How many cores are you using?
July 27, 2022 at 1:34 pmoffroader10052Subscriber
The same job is taking a different time or different number of iterations or....?
Timings can be affected by compute load, ie what else the system is doing.
How many cores are you using?
I tried to solve the problem on the same number of cores.
First on 4
Then on 10
July 29, 2022 at 10:52 amRobAnsys Employee
Iteration count should be roughly the same, but will depend on the initial condition being the same and may change for core count if there are any odd effects from there.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- Limitations to Student License?
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- The Fluent Application Failed to Start.
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS 19.1: Can not link the geometry
- Abnormal Exit Error