March 25, 2018 at 5:39 pmRana NasserSubscriber
I'm trying to model a regulator ( water structure/ river dam) subjected to dynamic load. The structure is surrounded by soil. Now I'm stuck in modeling the soil material, I have used density and orthotropic elasticity to define the material properties of the soil, and the contact type of the contact element between the soil and the abutments is assigned frictional.
Is there any way to add friction angle and cohesion to the soil material model in ansys workbench ver. 15 or the only way to do this in this version is using APDL?
*By the way the load that subjected to the soil will not cause soil failure so I think I don't need to use "Drucker - prager" failure model.
There is another request, If anyone have papers or any reference in modeling soil in ansys "workbench" please share it!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.