General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Soil representation as COMBIN14 (linear Spring) around the length embedded of the Pile.

• Nadazarrak
      Subscriber
      Hey Everyone,nnI have a project work where I have to represent a group of pile embedded in a soil. I am only requested to represent the soil by (Winkle's Method). The questions is, how would I distribute the discrete stiffness along the length of the pile. In Ansys 19.2, I can create springs from Connections, however it would take a lot of time (which is not functional) to create spring at each node. Which means, I have to type in the APDL a command that assigns the springs to required nodes.nRegards,n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      See if you can use the Object Generator in Mechanical.nhttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/2513/using-the-mechanical-object-generator-to-save-time-on-repetitive-tasksn
    • Nadazarrak
      Subscriber
      Thank you so much, nit indeed will help, however another small problem is attached to this question.nSince my pile is a Cylinder and I have to distribute my stiffness horizontally, this means that I should create a j point since COMIN14 requires i and j nodes. How would this be possible? nYour effort is highly appreciated. nRegards,nn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Create a larger cylindrical surface and use planes to slice it up to create vertices for the other end of the springs. Then you will be able to create two named selections to use the Object Generator. That cylindrical surface can have a Fixed Support. n
    • Nadazarrak
      Subscriber
      Thank you again ! nMy question has been answered and I appreciate your effort. n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.