Fluids

Fluids

Solar air heater

• shivam321998
      Subscriber

I need assistance in modelling this design. This is a solidworks assembly and I import it and use the outer box to create boolean for fluid domain. The issue is I'm getting divergence error in temperature. I've tried tweaking the mesh several times but it didn't help.

My findings are that when I delete the circular body or just palce it in the box without mating it with the other part don't give me error.

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber
      Hi Sorry can you five more explanation to what you’re trying to do exactly? Is the circular element a solid body? If it is did you try to create a Boolean difference?
    • shivam321998
      Subscriber
      I'm trying to do fluent analysis on this design. The box is there act as fluid domain. The circular element is a hollow cylinder which is covered with holes all over its body. Yes I did create a boolean.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee

Can you post some images of the mesh? Will it run isothermal?

• shivam321998
      Subscriber
      I'll post the image ASAP. No I don't think it would run isothermal because Radiation and solar model are used for my model.

I would like to know what would be the effect on results if I keep a gap of .5 mm b/w corrugated and cylinder. The material is same for both and in real world these two bodies are connected.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee

Yes, but we're trying to see if you have a problem with the thermal part of the model or if it's a poor mesh. 

• shivam321998
      Subscriber
      The problem was in the meshing, solved it by creating a sphere of influence at the contact of two bodies. But I've come across another problem, I'm not getting correct contours for the corrugated sheet. Both in local and global range I'm getting a constant contour all throughout the body and this shouldn't be the case since radiation models are enabled.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee

Images will help. Maybe a clue which radiation model you're using? 

• shivam321998
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your input, the issue is solved now. The automatic contact creation (between solid and fluid domain) was giving issues so I created a part of all the bodies in designmodeler to solve it.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.