General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Solder Joint Reliability – The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution

• vbusireddy
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am trying to solve solder joint reliability problem. Initially, I tried with free meshing. I didn't get the correct result (the accumulated plastic stress and plastic work are supposed to be high on the corner solder balls under the die shadow). I changed the meshing after looking at few references. Now, it is displaying an error: The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained. Please see the Troubleshooting section of the Help System for more information. 

I have attached my project Archive. Can somebody please help me to fix the problem and give me some suggestions to get the correct solution as described above. Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Vishnu

• vbusireddy
      Subscriber

Hi, 

I tried changing mesh, material properties etc to solve this problem. But no luck. Can someone please help me what exactly I am missing. I got new errors with new meshing and slightly altered temperature loading. I really appreciate your help. 

Showing Mesh and Error MessageThank you!

Vishnu

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.