September 27, 2022 at 10:46 am
September 27, 2022 at 10:59 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
The error says the model is missing a support in the Y direction. Please insert images into your reply that show the supports and loads applied to the model for further help.
September 28, 2022 at 2:22 am
September 28, 2022 at 4:06 amreymart laranjoSubscriber
I tried it on the solid model. It worked. But is there a way to do it on surfaces only?
September 28, 2022 at 12:30 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Attach a Modal analysis to the Static Structural model of the surface. Apply the same constraints to the Modal analysis. Solve the Modal and see if you have almost zero natrual frequencies. Watch the animations of those to determine which surface is not connected.
Open the Surface geometry in SpaceClaim and on the Workbench tab, click the Share button. This will cause all coincident geometry to share nodes. Then rerun the Modal and you should get a non-zero first mode frequency.
September 29, 2022 at 2:44 amreymart laranjoSubscriber
September 29, 2022 at 3:05 am
September 29, 2022 at 10:01 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Hi Reymart, glad it’s working now.
ANSYS has a module called AQWA that makes it easier to simulate structures such as a ship or barge being acted on my wave motion. I have never used it. I expect it comes with some tutorials.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.